Inside : Show a teacher how they have impacted or improved your life with these heartfelt poems, including acrostic poems on teachers and longer pieces about how incredible they are.
Teachers truly make us who we are, whether we know it or not. We learn more than curriculum from teachers, we learn valuable life lessons that we carry with us throughout our lives.
If you’ve ever had a teacher who made an indelible impact on you, you understand.
Even years later, we wish we could reach out and thank those teachers for the lessons they taught us either directly or inadvertently. For young children, parents are typically the ones who provide teachers with thanks.
Gifting a poem to your child’s teacher is a great way to let the teacher know how appreciated they are. Moreover, creating an acrostic poem for teacher is a fun and interactive bonding experience for you and your child!
Acrostic Poems About Teachers
Maybe someone you love is a teacher, or maybe you simply want to show a teacher or mentor just how special they are. Either way, writing an acrostic poem for teacher or giving them one will make them feel so rewarded for the hard work that they do every day. Read this list of acrostic teacher poems for inspiration!
1. Mr(s). (Name)
You are smart and
Even when something goes wrong.
And you are
Helpful, and you should know that
Everyone thinks that when it comes to teachers, there is
Really no one like you!
2. Sometimes, I really don’t want to go, but I
Can say that thanks to you, I feel
Happy while I am there.
Other students agree with me and you are the
One who makes school fun and helps us
Learn as much as we can!
3. Thanks to you
Everything makes a little more sense,
And I feel much more
Confident, and thank you for all of your
Each and every lesson. I will always
Remember the things that you taught me.
4. Teaching Me How to Rise Up This touching piece explains how an educator can do so much more than instruct about math and history. They make an impact on students that will never go away, helping them become strong and independent.
5. You Are the Best This adorable acrostic poem about teacher was written by an elementary school student. This piece shows appreciation for the recipient of the poem and it is also good inspiration for decorating the acrostic in a fun, colorful, and school-themed way.
6. Classroom Example This is an example of how students can come together and make a fun class activity out of creating a heartfelt and unique acrostic poem specific to their classroom teacher.
7. A Teacher Is… A simple but effective way to show you care!
8. Mentor A unique acrostic with powerful adjectives.
More Poems About Teachers
Acrostic poetry is fun and somewhat easier for children to write. That is what makes it such a good tool for stepping into creative arts like poetry. However, of course, it is not the only poem form, so here are some more poems about all of the wonderful things that our educators do and why we want to thank them.
9. Thanks For All You Did For Your Class This colorful piece can easily be printed out and handed to an educator, and it would make a nice decoration. It is a deep and heartfelt way to say “you are valued.”
10. Teachers This poem describes the numerous responsibilities and actions of educators with a sense of pride for all of the hard work that they do.
11. Where I’m From While the ones who lead the classroom are inspirational, sometimes the adults glean tons of awe and inspiration from the students. The children themselves are the subject of this piece, which is a tribute to the reason that educators do what they do, for the love of the inspiring, magical minds of little kids.
12. Preschool Gift Since preschoolers can’t exactly write their own poetry, this is a good gift for parents to provide to their children’s educators as a thank you for all that they do. It takes a lot to trust another person with one’s child, and this piece shows just that.
13. Saw My Teacher on a Saturday Seeing a school professional outside of the classroom and in a public setting can be jarring, especially for young kids. This is a cute collection of rhymes that describes that feeling from a child’s perspective, and it is bound to make anyone smile when they read it.
14. “I’m happy that you’re my teacher;
I enjoy each lesson you teach.
As my role model you inspire me
To dream and to work and to reach.
With your kindness you get my attention;
Every day you are planting a seed
Of curiosity and motivation
To know and to grow and succeed.
You help me fulfill my potential;
I’m thankful for all that you’ve done.
I admire you each day, and I just want to say,
As a teacher, you’re number one!” —Joanna Fuchs
15. “Thank you, Teacher,
For reaching deep in me
to find all I can be
before I can see it myself.
You never gave up on me.
I have a future
because of you.” —Joanna Fuchs
16. “I Want to Be Like You
Thank you, teacher,
for being my life’s role model.
When I consider all you’ve taught me
and reflect on the kind of person you are,
I want to be like you—
smart, interesting and engaging,
positive, confident, yet unpretentious.
I want to be like you—
well-informed and easy to understand,
thinking with your heart as well as your head,
gently nudging us to do our best,
with sensitivity and insight.
I want to be like you—
giving your time, energy and talent
to ensure the brightest possible future
for each of us.
Thank you, teacher
For giving me a goal to shoot for:
I want to be like you!” —Joanna Fuchs
More Poems You’ll Love
When it comes to poetry, there are endless possibilities for what to write about and how to write about it. A poem can be a great gift to an educator to show them how you feel or how their lessons have helped your writing skills developed. Check out these other poetry topics that could also potentially be great gifts of appreciation for educators.
- 23 Poems About Confidence One thing that can not be taught in textbooks is confidence. While you can read about how to gain confidence, sometimes it takes a special person in life to guide you towards confidence. If an educator has ever done that for you, these poems will make you smile.
- 23 Incredible Rumi Poems When it comes to learning about poetry, Rumi is likely one of the major writers that you could learn about. His books, poetry, and ideas have all been circulated across generations for hundreds of years. These pieces are bound to make you feel something and might even spark your creativity and drive you to write something of your own.
- 27 Impactful Wolf Poems Whether you’re a big fan of wolves or not, these pieces about wolves are intriguing and show how, no matter the topic, art and poetry can make us learn something new about ourselves.