Inside: Aunt poems and quotes about aunts to share with your favorite relative when you want to remind her how important she is to you!
When you think about the individuals who have shaped your life, there are probably a number of people who come to mind. There are friends, teachers, mentors, public figures, strangers, and, of course, family members who all have made an impact on the way we live our lives.
While mothers and fathers are typically thought of as primary role models, so are other adult family members who have watched us grow up.
Aunts in particular tend to have an important presence in our lives, having acted as friends, mentors, and supporters in a way that parents can’t quite be. This is a list of aunt poems that describe the unique importance that these women have in our lives, and how they have helped us grow and learn.
There are also poems from aunts to nieces and nephews to portray the other side of this valuable and rewarding relationship.
Poems for Aunts
It’s never a bad idea to remind someone how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate all that they’ve done for you in your life. Read these poems for aunts for inspiration, or gift one of them to your favorite aunt. She will be touched by your thinking of her!
1. A Woman of Strength An expression of gratitude for having a strong woman as a role model in your life.
2. Thank You For Always Being There For the innumerable times she was there to help you through a struggle.
3. For My Aunt For those who share a special, close-knit bond with their aunts.
4. As I Have Traveled Through the Years Reflecting on all that you have learned thanks to her.
5. For My Aunt and Uncle Together, they are like a second set of parents in the most important ways.
6. An Auntie Just Like You A sweet ode to her selfless nature.
7. What Aunts Are Made Of This perfectly describes how they are all at once a mother, a big sister, and a friend.
8. A Thank You to the Women in My Life A touching tribute to the important women who help shape who we are.
9. “When I was hopeless, you were there.
You picked me up; you showed me care.
Without the love you had for me
God only knows where I would be.
To me, you were a second mom,
a person I drew wisdom from.
In my corner every fight,
you always cared that things were right.
I won’t forget the things you’ve done.
I felt like your adopted son.
Ready now and feeling new,
I couldn’t leave not thanking you.” —George Naylor
10. “A woman such as you,
Is brave, strong and true.
A sister, confidante, and friend,
You are there until the end.
An aunt is like no other,
Being there just like a mother.
So sweet, kind, and caring,
Your love not overbearing.
This is just a thought,
Thank you, my wonderful aunt.” —Unknown
11. “This is to someone who is like a mother,
to someone who looked after me since I was younger.
To someone who cared when nobody else did,
to someone who loved me as much as my dad did.
To some whom they say I look like,
to someone who always wants to make things right.
To someone who takes me like a daughter,
to someone who protects and makes the family stronger.
To someone who I will never forget,
to someone’s daughter I will always protect.” —Ida Lester
Beautiful Quotes About Aunts
These short and simple quotes would make a great addition to a greeting card, or to print out and frame as a gift for your aunts.
12. “An aunt is someone special to remember with warmth, think of with pride, and cherish with love.” —Unkown
13. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.” —Sara Sheridan
14. “ I have always maintained the importance of aunts.” —Jane Austen
15. “Aunts are the ones who stand beside Moms when nieces and nephews enter the world.” —Karen Moore
16. “My mom, my aunt, and my grandma banded together and gave me a village of support when I was growing up.” —Michael Tubbs
Poems for Nieces
For a woman, it is an incredible experience to see your sister become a mother or your brother become a father. It’s even more touching to be able to be part of your sister’s child’s life as a guardian, supporter, and even second mother figure. These pieces are for aunts to give their nieces, the young women that they hope to be able to become the best role model possible for.
17. A Niece A joyous, heartwarming tribute to the sweet innocence of our nieces.
18. Don’t Be Beautiful Part of being an aunt means using your judgment to help your niece avoid mistakes you’ve made in the past. This long poem is a wisdom-filled piece of advice for her to grow strong and happy.
19. Niece A reflection on watching your niece grow from birth into adulthood.
20. For A Special Niece To show how significant your niece is in your life, and how she always has been.
21. “I’m not sure where all the years have gone
But there’s one thing I want you to know,
You’ve been such a shining star in my life
And I’ve really loved watching you grow!
You’ve given me moments of laughter
And memories that warm the heart,
Of a Niece who’s an absolute treasure
A joy to be with from the start.
And though time has passed to quickly
I’m grateful and so proud to see,
That the beautiful woman before me
Is the woman I knew you would be!” —Mary Valencia
22. “When a woman has a daughter,
she becomes a mom.
But, when she becomes an aunt,
there’s a friendship type of bond.
I don’t have to tell you what to do,
or how to comb your hair.
I just get to joke and laugh
whenever you are there.
If life treats you unfairly,
or you’re at your wit’s end,
I will be the voice of reason for
my niece, my friend.” —Michele Meelen
Poems for Nephews
Again, being a figure of authority to your sibling’s children is a one-of-a-kind experience. Watching your nephew grow and learn is a blessing, and these pieces all exemplify just how much of an honor it is to be part of your nephew’s life.
23. Nephew To commemorate a lifetime of loving your nephew.
24. A Nephew This portrays a nephew as a treasure in your life.
25. For a Dearly Loved Nephew For those who have sadly suffered the loss of a nephew, this may offer some solace.
26. “You’re my nephew, my only man.
I can walk and hold your hand.
When I see you, I see a light.
When I see you, I hold on tight.
I would hold you and hold you all day long.
I miss you, so come back and see me long.” —Lexie Webster
27. “Whenever I see your sweetest smile,
My pain and sorrow are gone for a while.
Whenever I get mad because you’re so unruly,
You’ll just hug me and say, “I’m sorry!”
You’ve got a lot of questions.
You have some wonderful visions!
My little nephew, let your imagination soar;
Let your spirit travel afar…
Spread your wings of generosity;
Open your heart to the wretched and needy!
And you’ll discover the rainbow
Of hope that’s within you…” —Estela O. Canama
More Poems You’ll Love
- 53 Amazing Sister Poems If you love your nieces and nephews, your love starts with your sister (or your sister-in-law). A bond between sisters is unlike any other, and it only makes it that much more special when you can become an aunt to your sister’s child.
- 51 I Miss You Poems Missing someone, whether it’s a friend or family member, can be a painful experience filled with loneliness and longing. These poems express that feeling and can remind you that you are not alone.