Inside : 17 lovely pink poems about the calming and romantic color, including poems about pink appearing in nature and famous quotes about the color.
Did you know that colors play a large role in psychology, emotion, and mood? The way that we have been trained to feel about certain colors plays a larger role in our everyday lives than one might think! There are some simple associations, like yellow being associated with happiness, red being associated with anger, and blue with sadness.
However, cool blue tones are also associated with calm moods and vibrant reds are associated with energetic moods.
While it is fairly common knowledge that the color pink is tied to notions of love and romance, did you know that psychologically, pink is said to be a very calming color? Moreover, the color pink brings about feelings of optimism, sensitivity, and tenderness. Likewise, it represents hope, which coincides with pink being the international color for breast cancer awareness.
The most popular use of the color pink is to represent femininity and ideas associated with it like kindness and compassion, although it has become more popular as of lately to consider the color unisex.
As we have mentioned, this blend between red and white is often a shade that elicits feelings of romance, youthfulness, and serenity. This collection of poems includes pieces wherein the author describes the shade in their own words and pieces in which the writers write about the appearance of the color in their lives.
1. Color by Christina Rossetti. A collection of rhymes about various colors, beginning with the notorious shade between red and white.
2. What is Pink? Here, the writer encompasses all of the popular notions about this shade, from its connection to Valentine’s Day to the way it smells and tastes.
3. Some Pink in Your Color by Amy King. When people have rosy cheeks or flushed skin, it can be a sign of embarrassment, anger, or excitement. Here, the writer is using this idea to suggest a sign of liveliness in an otherwise pale, sick person.
4. Pink Cheeks Michael McClintock. Tanka is an ancient Japanese poetry form which is meant to express deep or sentimental emotions, particularly love. This simple but sweet poem does just that.
Pink Poems About Nature
When you consider shades of pink in nature, you might think of flowers, like roses, carnations, blossoms, or tulips. However, this shade appears in our everyday lives more than you might think. These are some pieces about the magic of seeing the sky turn pink, whether at sunrise or sunset, and about the coming and going of this vibrant color as the seasons change.
5. “The morning sky turned a brilliant pink
as fluffy white clouds assimilate
slowly the sun rays deepen the glow
vibrant and colorful, nature’s best
upon mankind her riches bestow
the morning sky turned a brilliant pink
magnificent sunrise, truly blest” —Milady Mar
6. “Sink with yourself. Think.
Seek within yourself. Sink.
A pastel pink and lilac sky
Cast a spell of mellow moods.
We ponder the past and wonder why
We must sigh in constantly playing the fool.” —David Lacey
7. “Trailing pink ribbons
comes the dawn present.
Her rising bands frame
the coming Sun’s Presence.” —Saiom Shriver
8. “Frequently the woods are pink –
Frequently are brown.
Frequently the hills undress
Behind my native town.
Oft a head is crested
I was wont to see –
And as oft a cranny
Where it used to be –
And the Earth – they tell me –
On its Axis turned!
By but twelve performed!” —Emily Dickinson
Pink Rose Poems
Everyone knows the classic red rose, and how it is used to symbolize love, romance, and devotion. White roses are almost equally as popular, but pink roses tend to be the flower of choice for those who want to avoid clichés. Pink roses can be given as a romantic gift, but they are also a popular gift for mothers of newborn baby girls, or as symbols of innocence and purity.
9. The Pink Carnation A piece filled with heartache about a room filled with carnations, which are typically given to those who are mourning the death of a loved one.
10. The Rose Beyond the Wall A symbolic piece wherein the speaker is using the rose to symbolize the passing of a life, and although the beauty of the rose can no longer be seen or witnessed anymore, it doesn’t mean that its beauty or its importance is gone.
11. “You love the roses—so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be
Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!” —George Eliot
12. “I will walk before you
To clear the thickets deep;
Until the day pink roses bloom
As self-love near your feet” —Angie Weiland-Crosby
Famous Quotes About the Color Pink
In fashion and pop culture, pink is often used as a statement color or as an expression of feminism. These famous quotes from fashion designers, artists, celebrities, and actresses show how this color, like many others, is used as a means of personal expression. Enjoy our favorite “pink” quotes!
13. “Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink.” —Lily Pulitzer
14. “Pink isn’t just a color. It’s an attitude too.” —Miley Cyrus
15. “Almost all words do have color, and nothing is more pleasant than to utter a pink word and see someone’s eyes light up and know it is a pink word for him or her too.” —Gladys Taber
16. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” —Vera Nazarian
17. “You can never go wrong with a little pink; a lot works too.” —Dana Dalgetty
More Poems You’ll Love
Writing and art, and poetry specifically, are mediums through which humans connect to one another. Regardless of the topic, reading poetry is a way to gain a deeper understanding about ourselves and our lives.
- 51 I Miss You Poems Missing someone is a painful feeling, whether it be a friend, family member, pet, or romantic partner. Missing someone can be a lonely experience, especially if you know that the individual is lost forever. To find solace, read some of these pieces about how it feels to miss someone, and what it’s like to begin to overcome that feeling.
- 23 Poems About Adventure Adventure is more or less what living life is all about. We are all chasing our own adventures. Some people want to experience new places, some people want to do exhilarating activities, and others have their own life plans or goals in mind. This collection is all about chasing adventure and embracing it when you get the chance to.
- 23 Incredible Rumi Poems This is a collection of pieces all written by the thirteenth-century poet, Rumi, who has garnered worldwide fame over the course of hundreds of years. His words touch upon tender emotions. His talents for writing have connected humans across generations, and these are some of his best works. You certainly don’t want to miss out on them.