Inside : 13 Of The Most Delightful Poems About Cookies.
A warm batch of cookies can honestly be considered a poem for the soul! They are not only deliciously tasty, but the nostalgia that is garnered from a tray of homemade cookies is something to revel at.
Whether it be some Christmas cookies you made with your family, or a batch of homemade cookies your grandma made with her own top secret recipe, all cookies are great cookies!
The homey feeling you get from that first bite is so incredible. So many people agree with this sentiment that they felt moved enough to write poems about their cookie experience. We’ve compiled a list of our 13 favorite delectable cookie poems, so let’s take a bite and check them out!
These cookie poems will have you getting out all the ingredients to make a batch yourself because you’ll be craving them!
1. “That’s the way the cookie crumbles, / They tell me not to pout. / I’m okay with crumbling cookies, / As long as they’re in my mouth.”
2. “A home should have a cookie jar,
For when it’s half part three.
And children hurry home from school,
As hungry as can be.
There’s nothing quite so splendid,
in filling children up.
As spicy fluffy ginger cakes
and sweet milk in a cup.
A home should have a mother
waiting with a hug.
Not matter what a boy brings
home ~ a puppy or a bug.
For children only loiter,
when the bell rings to dismiss
If no ones home to greet them
with a cookie and a kiss.”—Unknown
3. “The aroma that left left behind,
Even when you’re not around,
Makes my stomach flutter,
With a craving for more,
And a longing that devours.
I remember the taste,
With a cup of tea and sunset”—Sheetal Dubey
4. Tossing My Cookies: This is a cute poem about the process of making cookies for someone! I love it because it reads like a nursery rhyme but it’s all about yummy cookies.
5. “We’re baking cookies for Santa
because that’s what good kids do.
We’re going to add chocolate chips
The recipe is tried and true.
We’re pouring Santa a glass of milk
All that delivering takes a toll.
We hope he likes our home cooked batch
and fits through our chimney’s hole!
Santa must be almost here
because my eyes are getting tired.
The cookies are coming out,
They’re fresh and not expired.
So when I finally go to sleep,
and Santa comes to eat.
He’ll smell the smell of cookies
and take our little treat.”—Jody Webster
Poems About Cookies
Treat yourself or someone you love by reading one of these poems about scrumptious cookies.
6. One Smart Cookie: If you’re a teacher, or work with kids, this one’s for you! It’s an adorable cookie poem that you can print out and hand it out with a cookie to your students before you meet them on the first day! Or as a parent you can send your child off to their first day with a cookie to ease their nerves with a treat.
7. “The ultimate chocolate chip cookies
Have a center that’s gooey and warm;
They are always fresh out of the oven,
With a perfectly circular form.
The ultimate chocolate chip cookies
Have just as much chocolate as dough;
They’re cooked to a warm golden brown—
A secret that only moms know.
The ultimate chocolate chip cookies
Go best with some milk on the side
And always fit well in your pocket
(For the extras you’re trying to hide).
And though they say sharing is nice—
And I am inclined to agree—
I must say, I like them the best
When it’s only the cookies and me.”—Barbara Vance
8. “The cookie jar people
Hopped out one night
When the cookie jar lid
Was not on tight.
The gingerbread man
Opened raisin eyes
And looked about
In great surprise.
The frosted bunny
Twinkled his nose
And danced around
On his cookie toes.
The sugary duck
Began to quack
And shake the sugar
Off his back.
The cinnamon bear
Could only grunt
For he was too far
To do a stunt.
The coconut lamb
Jumped up so high
That his little white tail
Flew high in the sky.
They were all so happy
To be at play
That they danced and danced
And danced away.
The danced away
So very far
That they never came back
To the cookie jar”—Unknown
9. The Cookie Thief by Valerie Cox: A funny, simple poem that uses a rhyming scheme to tell a funny story about someone’s experience with who they think is a cookie thief!
10. “Cookies in the morning / Cookies late at night / Cookies make me happy / Have another bite! / Cookies when you’re happy / Cookies when you’re sad / Cookies by the plateful / Cookies make me glad!”
Adorable Cookie Poems
These are all the perfect poems to attach to a cookie gift platter. There’s also a Christmas themed one if you need a last minute gift with a cute attachment!
11. “Homemade cookies taste so sweet. / They’re fun to bake and good to eat. / I hope these few will bring you cheer / to last long after they all disappear!”
12. “I made you some cookies / and they really were yummy. / In fact they were so good / they ended up in my tummy. / I would have made some more / but I ran out of eggs and butter. / So I’m doing the next best thing / I’m sending you this cookie cutter.”
13. “I made a plate of cookies to share with you this year.
I thought it was a good way to spread some Christmas cheer.
They all looked really tasty, so I thought I’d eat just one.
And a little while later I noticed there were none.
So here’s my Christmas greeting and a cookie cutter too.
Now you can make your own cookies and maybe share a few.”
More Poems You’ll Love
- 50+ I Miss You Poems – This list is filled with lovely poems that express the indescribable feeling of missing someone you love. They are extremely relatable because even if you don’t miss someone right now, we all have at some point. These hauntingly beautiful and touching poems carry very nice sentiments that will hopefully allow you to sort through your own feelings of missing someone.
- Poems About the Color Blue – In poetry and literature, the color blue can represent so much. It can mean sadness, loneliness, calmess, and many more emotions, which makes it the perfect color to write poems about! Hence the phrase “feeling blue.” Not to mention, it is a common color that we see everyday whether it be in the sky or in the ocean. So take a gander at some of these beautiful poems all about the color blue.
- 50+ Amazing Sister Poems – Having a sister is a connection so unique that no one really can understand it besides the siblings. It’s a bond that cannot be broken and someone who you can seemingly always rely on and experience life with. Whether you’re on good terms with your sister and want to reach out with a poem to show your appreciation, or you’re looking for a way to patch up a rough spot you have just been through with yours, you can most likely find a poem in this collection that will articulate how you’re feeling.